Home > Best of New York > Beginner's Guide to NYC > Relocating to New York From Overseas

Relocating to New York From Overseas

What you need to know about visas, citizenship, work authorization, travel and so much more. Make sure you read our Expatriate Guide, full of dozens of useful articles on moving to New York from overseas.

We'll tell you all about entry requirements to the USA, business hours, 110 volt electricity, holidays, taxes, time zones, tipping and gratuities, U.S. coins, currency and measurement system, plus clothing and shoe sizes.
Want to know even more about United States customs, procedures, tipping and such? Read on.
How do you get a visa? How easy or hard is it to find a job in New York? How would you qualify for citizenship in America? How do you get a social security number? What about hiring a lawyer to help you get a visa?
As of January 12, 2009, visitors previously eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program will now need obtain approval through the USA's Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before traveling. It's a simple and FREE online process.